Peoples Republic of Tema
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tradition

5 posters

Go down

Tradition Empty Tradition

Post  busumuru Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:35 pm

what is your festival in Ghana, I love to see the Ashant's durber, with the kings in their palanquin.
Tradition KingII Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
busumuru
busumuru
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Tradition Empty Re: Tradition

Post  Agya Koo Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:25 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Have you seen the Ga's homowo
Tradition Kpekpei

Agya Koo
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:10 am

Aboakyire does it better for me. lol
Karen
Karen
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  sanetse Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:20 am

i love hogbetsotso sounds profane in Ga Laughing what i expected the original thread to explain was why and when the festival mentioned is celebrated and a little bit of it's origin.i'm about to google my festival and give you guys an insight.
sanetse
sanetse
sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  sanetse Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:29 am

if anyone has the time they should GOOGLE [b][i] HOGBETSOTSO, fascinating.enjoy my culture for a change.
sanetse
sanetse
sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  busumuru Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:24 pm

sanetse wrote:i love hogbetsotso sounds profane in Ga Laughing what i expected the original thread to explain was why and when the festival mentioned is celebrated and a little bit of it's origin.i'm about to google my festival and give you guys an insight.
Why and when the festival mentioned is celebrated will mean a lot and that will be interesting....let me check with with Ashant's festival and come back lol!
busumuru
busumuru
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  sanetse Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:08 am

busumuru wrote:
sanetse wrote:i love hogbetsotso sounds profane in Ga Laughing what i expected the original thread to explain was why and when the festival mentioned is celebrated and a little bit of it's origin.i'm about to google my festival and give you guys an insight.
Why and when the festival mentioned is celebrated will mean a lot and that will be interesting....let me check with with Ashant's festival and come back lol!
it's taking you too long for your return.what happened?kim il jung attempted to kidnap you or what?i don't have all day.if not tell me the site to check on the particular Ashanti festival you are talkin about.
sanetse
sanetse
sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:27 pm

I wonder myself. I goggled my festival but the returns was nil. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Karen
Karen
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  sanetse Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:40 am

Karen wrote:I wonder myself. I goggled my festival but the returns was nil. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
you might not to have to cry because your people had to bargain with their GOD (tribal guardian-spirit)who brought them to their current location from sacrificing humans to that of the dreaded KROTWIAMANSA to the current poor antelope.i will hook you up to the right sight if you have enough patience.
next year Aboakyir is my festival of choice,not because of you but by sheer coincidence my documentary assignment for my vacation involves the people of Effutu.
sanetse
sanetse
sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  sanetse Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:04 am

go to Google,HOGBETSOTSO ,check the link under EVENTS & festivals,the next will be festivals by country.click on your country,i assume you know it's ghana Rolling Eyes find ABOAKYIR and have fun updating your history. seek and ye shall find.
sanetse
sanetse
sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  black prophet Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:59 am

Code:
Ganja sweet ganja nice, legalize it
. Have you all witness ganja festival. Come to the ghetto.
black prophet
black prophet
Constable II

Back to top Go down

Post  busumuru Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:34 am

ADAE; festival of Purifying of the Ashantis' ancestral stools, Festival of the Asante. Celebrated every 40th day. Especially magnificent when it falls on a Sunday.
busumuru
busumuru
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  sanetse Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:45 am

i'm nursing a hangover from a send off drink-up my peeps had for me.i slept throughout my trip back home.damn,London is fine on weekends.and the chicks are something else.fortunately i behaved this time around. No
sorry,this should have been under TGIS.read it anyway.
sanetse
sanetse
sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum